This firm was established in 1909. by Samuel Duncan Black and Alonzo Galloway Decker, of Baltimore, MD. They were early innovators in handheld power tools, but that is outside the scope of this web site. Over the years, they made various products that are eligible for this site, including radial arm saws, bench and pedestal grinders, drill presses, and tablesaws.
On January 28, 1985, The Black & Decker Manufacturing Co. formally changed its name to The Black & Decker Corp.
Handheld power tools are outside the scope of this web site. Please do not upload pictures of handhelds!