Welcome! 

Register :: Login
Manufacturers Index - Edwin E. Bartlett
History
Last Modified: May 2 2017 4:21PM by Jeff_Joslin
If you have information to add to this entry, please contact the Site Historian.

Located at 384 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA, Edwin E. Bartlett was the successor to C. F. Harlow & Co. (ca 1899). He had worked for Harlow since 1866. In 1916 he moved to Nashua, NH, and sometime after that the business was reorganized as Greenerd Press & Machine Co.


From January 1900 Science & Industry

Information Sources

  • An 1870 sewing-machine patent (no. 107,041 and RE8,283) was granted to Charles F. Harlow of Boston and assigned (by mesne assignments) to William L. Grout of East Stoughton, Mass.
  • 1873 The Boston Directory lists William C. Harlow of C. F. Harlow & Co., 19 Harvard Place. James W. Guerusey was also employed at C. F. Harlow, 19 Harvard Place.
  • An 1874 patent (no. 154,603) for a sheep-shearing machine was granted to Lavinas B. Hamilton and Charles F. Harlow, and assigned to Philander Harlow of Hyde Park.
  • 1875 The Boston Directory lists Charles F. Harlow and Philander Harlow of the Harlow Bros. Harlow Bros., of 19 Harvard pl., made "horse clipping and sheep-shearing machines".
  • An 1877 sewing-machine patent (no. 192,568) was granted to Edward Corbett and Charles F. Harlow and assigned to Corbett. An 1877 tobacco-cutter patent (no. 192,579) was granted to Charles F. Harlow and assigned to John Kimball of Boston.
  • The 1890 Congressional Record lists "Charles F. Harlow & Co., machine-shop, Boston, Mass." as signing a petition related to duties on pig-iron and scrap-iron.
  • A 1900 patent (no. 648,54) for a resilient wheel for bicycles or automobiles was granted on one Charles J. Groves and partly assigned to Charles F. Harlow and William P. Stratton, all of Boston.
  • Science and Industry Jan 1900 page 560
  • American Foot Power and Hand Power Machinery by Kenneth L. Cope, 2001 page 30