This company was founded in 1865 by Robert Marshall Wade. For almost all of its existence—and the company is still in business—it was a supplier of farm equipment. But following Mr. Wade's death in 1915 the business was taken over by his son-in-law, Edward Newbegin, who introduced the company's first original product: a gasoline-engine-driven dragsaw. The saw was very successful and was sold all over the world.
It seems that the saw was manufactured by the Multnomah Iron Works, a business owned by R. M. Wade & Co. At least some examples of the dragsaw carry the Multnomah name. The saw was also sold under the Montgomery Ward name.