This Canadian chain of department stores was created in 1952 by a partnership agreement between Sears, Roebuck and Co. with the Canadian department store firm Simpson's Ltd. of Toronto, formerly known as the Robert Simpson Co. After the deal, Simpson's continued to operate their own stores, creating such sights as a mall with a "Simpson's" at one end and a "Simpsons-Sears" at the other. Since this created confusion, in 1971 Simpsons-Sears changed their logo to use only the Sears name.
In 1978 The Hudson's Bay Co. bought Simpson's Ltd., and, from 1979, operated it as a wholly owned subsidiary. The government forced Simpson's and Simpsons-Sears to completely split their operations, such as warehouses and distribution. Hudson's Bay continued to operate Simpsons stores until 1991, when most stores were merged into that of The Bay, and some stores (in malls that already had a Bay store) were sold to Sears Canada.
In 1983 Sears Roebuck bought the shares of Simpsons-Sears that were held by Hudson's Bay Co., which gave Sears Roebuck majority control. The following year the name Simpsons-Sears Ltd. was formally changed to Sears Canada, Inc.
Simpsons-Sears carried Craftsman tools, which are substantially the same as their American counterparts. Differences seem to be mostly confined to packaging and bilingual labeling. For service and support, check out the Sears Canada website, or email email@example.com.